The Armed Republic of Shadow Void is a huge, genial nation, remarkable for its public floggings, frequent executions, and ubiquitous missile silos. The compassionate, hard-working, cynical, devout population of 300 million Shadow Voidians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The large, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Voidow. The average income tax rate is 61.0%.
The strong Shadow Voidian economy, worth 20.8 trillion Shavoidows a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Tourism. Average income is 69,490 Shavoidows, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.3 times as much as the poorest.
It is illegal for a parent to tell a child to stop eating their boogers, libraries have replaced overdue book fines with mandatory mental health assessments, literature classes frequently go on field trips to rock concerts, and the government is attempting to impose a new national language on the public. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Shadow Void's national animal is the Shalvows, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Shadow Void was endorsed by The Incorporated States of Osheiga.
- : Following new legislation in Shadow Void, the government is attempting to impose a new national language on the public.
- : Following new legislation in Shadow Void, literature classes frequently go on field trips to rock concerts.
- : Following new legislation in Shadow Void, libraries have replaced overdue book fines with mandatory mental health assessments.
- : Shadow Void was endorsed by The Federation of Northern Estrian Islands.
- : Following new legislation in Shadow Void, it is illegal for a parent to tell a child to stop eating their boogers.
- : Following new legislation in Shadow Void, the government seizes private property for the 'good of the people'.
- : Shadow Void endorsed The Federation of Nyxonia.
- : Shadow Void was endorsed by The United Republic of Baltenlands.
- : Following new legislation in Shadow Void, intellectual snobbery has the cognoscenti sneering at anyone who doesn't have an opinion on the semiological drift of Umberto Eco's works.
Endorsements Received: 135 » Beepee, Hong Kong Kowloon and New Territories, Tepertopia, Aidenfieeld, Concrete Slab, Marinho Islands, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Holota, Beblahbleblo, Corgitopiaa, Qvait, Erinor, JavaSiege, Volaworand, Bawkie, Westenhald, Nowa Europa, Treir, Wehraboos, Land Without Shrimp, Yeses, Tsunamy, Belschaft, Amerion, Ipugao, Kandorith, The Solar System Scope, Aschenburg, Curlyhoward, Soem, Salguod, Jehenna, Ralphburg, Catsonya, Auphelia, Drystar, Linden Oak, Pamela And Hepatitis, Blaash, Grianal, Zaelith, Kiasu-ism, Tsvetania, Indolos, Direwolf1, Ullan, West Pastafaria, Center Lisle, Bohenia, Si-topia, and 85 others.The Two Jerseys, A leftover country, Doraya, Itani, Terran Draconia, Sthalrim, Maerist, Iym Winterless, USNE2018, Dereistic, Lesinteil, Noire Denholm, Bumblegaria, Enplatia, Doundaly, Antarctic Empires, North Kanuckistan, Maeiland, Walloonia, Pi Ttamgwa Nunmul, Rebel-topia, Outer Utonixick Gollinican, Wardoeka, Abarri, Weryalachiressaraxiatopia, Calistan, Herbert Island, Fighting Kawi Ninja, Isokenzar, The SpaceNeo-Goryeo Etymological Society, South Caleblan, Yellunstryer, Southern Numenor, Zolooloo, Ancient Slobovia, Unielvan Millorvium, Sedunn, Aumeltopia, Esfalsa, Crystal Creation, Yavemaya, Anserisa, Kholdan, Seliyan progressive Islands, Fasire, Centristvill, Dirkistan, Shefino, Rad Asia, Vicken, Shuckle Empire, Holy Free, Three Rivia Levr, Cuuldere, Nyxonia, InnWorm, The West Valley Mountains, Aurcania, LadyRebels, PenguinPies, Andinla, Los Lonley Boys, North Catimestistrianes, Anatasha, The Kies, Danily, St Oaks, New Sanet, South Western Korea, RestartAll, Sanden, Native Inhabitants of Antarctica, Bergenu, Purple Hyacinth, Turks of The Eastern Calculus, Utondara, Dis7Nation, The American Anarchist Empire, Gonrati, The United Expanse, Linguiniland, South Blossom, Baltenlands, Northern Estrian Islands, and Osheiga.