The Anarchy of ShadowVoltia is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Nobody knows with an even hand, and notable for its rampant corporate plagiarism, smutty television, and compulsory gun ownership. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 10.177 billion ShadowVoltians enjoy some of the most opulent lifestyles in the region, unless they are unemployed or working-class, in which case they are variously starving to death or crippled by easily preventable diseases.
The minute government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Utopia. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 2.3%.
The all-consuming ShadowVoltian economy, worth a remarkable 1,364 trillion Credits a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Retail, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 134,106 Credits, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 437,646 per year while the poor average 30,913, a ratio of 14.2 to 1.
Social care for the elderly consists of a self help leaflet and a kick on the backside, diplomats are always trying to convince other nations to adopt l33t speak, former school buses now regularly shuttle kids to the nearest shopping centers to work, and pet loving officers arrest citizens who don't give their dogs enough biscuits. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. ShadowVoltia's national animal is the Haxus, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Capitalism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : ShadowVoltia was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Lisokyo.
- : ShadowVoltia was endorsed by The Imperial Matriarchy of New Afghanistani states.
- : Following new legislation in ShadowVoltia, pet loving officers arrest citizens who don't give their dogs enough biscuits.
- : Following new legislation in ShadowVoltia, former school buses now regularly shuttle kids to the nearest shopping centers to work.
- : Following new legislation in ShadowVoltia, diplomats are always trying to convince other nations to adopt l33t speak.
- : Following new legislation in ShadowVoltia, social care for the elderly consists of a self help leaflet and a kick on the backside.
- : ShadowVoltia endorsed The Democratic Republic of Ariree.
- : ShadowVoltia endorsed The Most Serene Republic of Waitiki.
- : ShadowVoltia endorsed The Grand Duchy of Kachikawawa.
- : ShadowVoltia endorsed The Federal Republic of Ehrgeizig.
Endorsements Received: 39 » New Fania, The Soylent Green Party, Nooooooooooooooo, Aspistania, Kuriko, Ignis Cinere, Better Indonesia, Oyste, Lamborghini Murcielago, Karlando, Libertaritaritaritaria, Free Land of Rebellium, Anisopterra, Krystalveil, Dustwind, Canthos, Ascended Union, Valentian Elysium, Discotheque, Randopian, The Republic of Osea, Alen-roshh, Medetas, Wysrod, Northern Nivaria, Xemja, Evertopia, Leprechaun Gold, Vivolkha, AciaciaMont, Nogalacia, Armatha, Isla Alcyon, Ehrgeizig, Kachikawawa, Waitiki, Ariree, New Afghanistani states, and Lisokyo.