The Imperial Kingdom of Shangyuen is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Pich Guan with an iron fist, and renowned for its free-roaming dinosaurs, punitive income tax rates, and compulsory gun ownership. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 1.802 billion Shangyuenese are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bangkok. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 66.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Shangyuenese economy, worth 261 trillion Inis a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Black market activity is notable. Average income is an impressive 145,191 Inis, with the richest citizens earning 6.9 times as much as the poorest.
Burial ceremonies have become as routinised as tax forms, delivery truck companies use hospital parking lots to store 16-wheelers, legal contracts aren't worth the paper they're written on, and the government asks not what you can do for your country but what you can do to tidy their country homes. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Shangyuen's national animal is the White Elephant, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Buddhism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Shangyuen was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : Shangyuen's influence in Shangyuen death rose from "Zero" to "Hermit".
- : Shangyuen password-protected Shangyuen death.
- : Shangyuen relocated from Europe to Shangyuen death.
- : Shangyuen founded the region Shangyuen death.
- : Shangyuen changed its national animal to "White Elephant", its capital to "Bangkok", its leader to "Pich Guan", its motto to "May Shangyuen Last Forever", and its nation type to "Imperial Kingdom".
- : Shangyuen altered its national flag.
- : Shangyuen changed its national nation type to "5i".
- : Shangyuen changed its national leader to "Person".
- : Shangyuen changed its national leader to "Anong Chen".