|Leader||Supreme Leader Joseph Builder II|
The Autocratic Stratocracy of Sharkdonia is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Supreme Leader Joseph Builder II with an iron fist, and renowned for its sprawling nuclear power plants, infamous sell-swords, and pith helmet sales. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 3.69 billion Sharkdonians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, although Law & Order, Education, and Industry are also considered important, while International Aid and Spirituality are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sharkdon. The average income tax rate is 88.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Sharkdonian economy, worth 880 trillion Sharkdonian dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Retail. Black market activity is rampant. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 238,618 Sharkdonian dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Signs at the border tell international drivers where they can put their cars, there are traffic jams at sea as diligent customs officers check every part of every ship, you can get married in sickness and in health but not internationally, and fitness to teach sport is proven by urinating the furthest up a wall. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sharkdonia's national animal is the Red Shark, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Kharistrisismn.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sharkdonia was endorsed by The Confederacy of The Lavit Le.
- : Sharkdonia was endorsed by The Sultanate of Gorabo.
- : Following new legislation in Sharkdonia, fitness to teach sport is proven by urinating the furthest up a wall.
- : Following new legislation in Sharkdonia, you can get married in sickness and in health but not internationally.
- : Following new legislation in Sharkdonia, there are traffic jams at sea as diligent customs officers check every part of every ship.
- : Following new legislation in Sharkdonia, signs at the border tell international drivers where they can put their cars.
- : Sharkdonia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Sharkdonia was endorsed by The Senate and People of The Byrdlands.
- : Sharkdonia was endorsed by The Federal Republic of New Sebronia.
- : Sharkdonia was endorsed by The Federation of Halsuntria.
Endorsements Received: 27 » Foxomexra, Lesser Velutaria, Hatstheput, Gardeviour, Draytopia, Prybourne, Toubaze, Speke, Vescarium, Whitmarche, Anderum, Kiyortza, Teckia, The New Bulgarian Order, Valino, Shedehnoah, East Chimore, Bakyern 2, Sarazebia, Tsinkin, Plattinum, Bro Wyned, Fallooplesburg, Halsuntria, New Sebronia, Gorabo, and The Lavit Le.