|Leader||Cole James William Shelly|
The Sacred State of Shelly is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Cole James William Shelly with an iron fist, and notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, anti-smoking policies, and free-roaming dinosaurs. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 1.144 billion Shellies are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The relatively small, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Shelly. The average income tax rate is 13.6%.
The all-consuming Shellie economy, worth 106 trillion Coles a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, broadly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Retail, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 93,345 Coles, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.2 times as much as the poorest.
Bins outnumber trees in city parks, several citizens have complained about scientists abducting their pets for experimentation, teenage girls in knee-length surfer shorts have become a cultural icon of Shelly, and organ donation is compulsory. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Shelly's national animal is the Northern Samsquanch, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Shellianism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Shelly was endorsed by The WA Republic of Qawe.
- : Shelly was endorsed by The Community of Proctethia.
- : Shelly changed its national motto to "For the sake of Coles".
- : Shelly changed its national animal to "Northern Samsquanch", its demonym to "Shellie", and its demonym adjective to "Shellie".
- : Shelly endorsed The Community of Proctethia.
- : Shelly endorsed The Inhospitable Ski Slopes of Agalaesia.
- : Following new legislation in Shelly, organ donation is compulsory.
- : Following new legislation in Shelly, teenage girls in knee-length surfer shorts have become a cultural icon of Shelly.
- : Following new legislation in Shelly, several citizens have complained about scientists abducting their pets for experimentation.
- : Following new legislation in Shelly, bins outnumber trees in city parks.
Endorsements Received: 53 » Wehraboos, Erinor, Saciu, Quiescent, Land Without Shrimp, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, Academy of Umbrellas, Agalaesia, Aidenfieeld, Xandev, Volaworand, Farengeto, Anachronolandia, Aumeltopia, Churumduul, Tsvetania, The Filippinas, The Solar System Scope, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Towi Lamia, Pays de Loire, Amerion, Wild Space, Kringalia, Dasko, Great Africans, Qvait, Beepee, Rebel-topia, USNE2018, PenguinPies, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Hanguk-Nippon, Ariankido, Vincent Field, Jennaterra, Luddinlande, Ketathinamiri Islands, State of Iowa, New Briantown, Sedunn, Sesteran, Concrete Slab, Imperial Duck, Aurcania, Empa Aserium, Marinho Islands, Gecetesse, Paranoia, Benstralis, and 3 others.Romanus Terrae, Proctethia, and Qawe.