|Capital||Shy Guy Falls|
|Faith||Cult of Speed|
The United Socialist States of Shy Guy Nation is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by General Guy with an iron fist, and notable for its museums and concert halls, compulsory military service, and free-roaming dinosaurs. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 5.821 billion Shy Guys are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The relatively small, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Shy Guy Falls. The average income tax rate is 35.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Shy Guy economy, worth a remarkable 1,131 trillion roubles a year, is fairly diversified and dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, and Book Publishing. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an impressive 194,402 roubles, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
Promising seven years of bad luck leads to seven years of community service, light entertainment isn't dead, refugees from other nations are flocking to Shy Guy Nation's border, and the environment is gorgeous so long as you're looking up. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Shy Guy Nation's national animal is the ostrich, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Cult of Speed.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Shy Guy Nation voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Long-Term Storage Of Produced Waste".
- : Shy Guy Nation voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Kelssek".
- : Shy Guy Nation was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Shy Guy Nation, the environment is gorgeous so long as you're looking up.
- : Following new legislation in Shy Guy Nation, refugees from other nations are flocking to Shy Guy Nation's border.
- : Following new legislation in Shy Guy Nation, light entertainment isn't dead.
- : Following new legislation in Shy Guy Nation, promising seven years of bad luck leads to seven years of community service.
- : Following new legislation in Shy Guy Nation, politicians tend to favor bombastic speeches and kissing babies now that they've been banned from social media.
- : Shy Guy Nation lodged a message on the Wintreath Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Shy Guy Nation, General Guy's Twitcher account is typically used to share ostrich memes rather than government policy.
Endorsements Received: 32 » Geramundo, Bostovania, ImperialRussia, Ilkra, Stephenese Republic, The Vanishing Shores, Wintermoot, Dawcreek, Kadonia, Platinum Skills, Zinnea, The Stigyan Triumvirate, New Narag Empire, The Provincial Union of the Pacific, Melehan, Reactia, The Turlesz, The Greenlandic North, Weihbach, Dawsinian, North Russian Republic, Andromedian, GoatCountry, Cozia, Russian House, The Library of Wan Shi Tong, Polugaria, Hogwarts AL, Cote Azure, Sapphiron, Lunarous, and Dai Chuan.