The Republic of Silvastorn is a huge, safe nation, remarkable for its museums and concert halls, compulsory military service, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate population of 300 million Silvastornians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government prioritizes Education, with Healthcare, Welfare, and Law & Order also on the agenda, while Spirituality isn't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sparos. The average income tax rate is 46.6%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Silvastornian economy, worth 29.8 trillion pounds a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 99,247 pounds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Photographers have to apply for a license to photograph Leader, people make a career out of medical voyeurism, the endangered saltwater humpback Sparrow is only seen in captivity programs, and it's always rabbit season. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Silvastorn's national animal is the Sparrow, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Silvastorn, it's always rabbit season.
- : Following new legislation in Silvastorn, the endangered saltwater humpback Sparrow is only seen in captivity programs.
- : Silvastorn endorsed The Pristine Holy Waters of Namakan.
- : Silvastorn was endorsed by The Pristine Holy Waters of Namakan.
- : Following new legislation in Silvastorn, people make a career out of medical voyeurism.
- : Following new legislation in Silvastorn, photographers have to apply for a license to photograph Leader.
- : Following new legislation in Silvastorn, government opponents tend to have their patents rejected immediately.
- : Following new legislation in Silvastorn, a third of Silvastornians are e-certified CEOs.
- : Following new legislation in Silvastorn, the television adaptation of Jennifer Government is the most popular program in the nation.
- : Silvastorn was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry and the Top 10% for Highest Poor Incomes.
Endorsements Received: 26 » Kuriko, Waitiki, Wysrod, The Soylent Green Party, Dustwind, Northern Nivaria, Ehrgeizig, The Republic of Osea, Kachikawawa, Anisopterra, Krystalveil, Evertopia, Tamsalin, Islands of Czechia, Ignis Cinere, Bortheria, Point Comfort Colony, Nemohsis, Lisokyo, Marxist Germany, Haxx Isles, Vivolkha, The Pizza, Nooooooooooooooo, Valentian Elysium, and Namakan.