The Democratic Oasis of Silverfish37 is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Khalix with a fair hand, and remarkable for its complete lack of prisons, keen interest in outer space, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 2.073 billion Silverfish love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large, socially-minded, outspoken government prioritizes Education, although Healthcare, Administration, and Industry are also considered important, while Spirituality and Defense are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Silverton. The average income tax rate is 80.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Silverfishian economy, worth 234 trillion silvers a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Retail. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 113,077 silvers, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Large sections of Silverfish37 have been named national reserves to protect the native tribes living there, agreeing to appear on TV is often the best way to access social care, roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews, and the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Silverfish37's national animal is the fish, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Silverfish37, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller.
- : Following new legislation in Silverfish37, roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews.
- : Following new legislation in Silverfish37, agreeing to appear on TV is often the best way to access social care.
- : Following new legislation in Silverfish37, large sections of Silverfish37 have been named national reserves to protect the native tribes living there.
- : Following new legislation in Silverfish37, former polygamists always seem to have a huge number of visiting cousins.
- : Following new legislation in Silverfish37, Khalix can often be found attempting to coax random citizens' cats down from trees.
- : Silverfish37 was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Silverfish37 was endorsed by The Commonwealth of PS Suisse.
- : Following new legislation in Silverfish37, the government has ordered a moratorium on referenda.
- : Following new legislation in Silverfish37, patriotic citizens chant "there's only one Silverfish37" at foreigners.
Endorsements Received: 79 » Dekks, Pyceiline, Venovica, Proxmire, Scientists Allied, Visrava, Ezechard, Wase, Balkvla Islands, YouTube Rewind 2018, Plantaining, United Syndicates of Sol, Silabar, Dialogos, Requand, Vowpin, Eythronia, Maupedonia, Yousta, Roenland, Rowanok, Felscombe, The New Liberated California, Varavano, Tohickon, Liossalde, Oh my god it is so hard to find a name, Basiliania, West eire, Norts Ale, Galtova, The Gummylands, Horplers, Acacions, Great Gothica, Wileyshire, UECF, Morfeyra, AtlasBarfed, Mauvemarke, Maoux, Of Bjara, Rayo, Qingling, Biblionesia, Ebberia, Syvis, Gallo Republic, The Pirotian Republic, Talamia, and 29 others.Tiger Commune, Sevnia, The Twelve Waterfalls, The Finno-Estonian Empire, Aureum Flos, Numpty, Hwachan, Britannia and Iceland, Determistan, Korvaki, Agune, Upper Chult, Exarchea, Free Van Chet, Luzdelsol, Anacomia, Small Potato, Absovenia, New Viles, Inclusus, Siriza, Ronaldan, Curlingland, Alta Aztlan, Teton Sebo, Enjuku, Taigaria, Chugiakistan, and PS Suisse.