The I Should really fix this of Sirrimia is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Morthaw III with an iron fist, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, soft-spoken computers, and free-roaming dinosaurs. The cynical, devout population of 1.714 billion Sirrimians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Spirituality, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hattuşe. The average income tax rate is 31.0%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Sirrimian economy, worth 123 trillion Sharims a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, broadly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, Uranium Mining, and Retail. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 72,341 Sharims, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
The nation's new foreign policy of 'very disproportionate retribution' has its neighbors on edge, thousands of children die every day from easily curable illnesses, scientists are researching the best way to kill off humanity to prevent catastrophic war, and a major religion has been named as Sirrimia's national religion. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Sirrimia's national animal is the Wolf, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sirrimia's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Sirrimia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Devout.
- : Sirrimia's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Sirrimia altered its national flag.
- : Sirrimia was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Sirrimia ceased to exist in The United Islands of the Atlantic.
- : Following new legislation in Sirrimia, a major religion has been named as Sirrimia's national religion.
- : Sirrimia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Manufacturing Sector and Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Sirrimia, scientists are researching the best way to kill off humanity to prevent catastrophic war.
- : Following new legislation in Sirrimia, thousands of children die every day from easily curable illnesses.