The Queendom of Sjofn Langstone is a massive, genial nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, complete lack of prisons, and public floggings. The hard-working, democratic, devout population of 4.035 billion Sjofn Langstoneans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large, outspoken government prioritizes Spirituality, although Welfare, Education, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Environment and Industry aren't funded at all. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 32.7%.
The strong Sjofn Langstonean economy, worth 172 trillion betales a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Woodchip Exports, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 42,756 betales, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 133,352 per year while the poor average 10,529, a ratio of 12.7 to 1.
The mining industry is making inroads into environmentally sensitive areas, surveillance cameras are banned, employers may fire workers without giving any reason, and it is illegal for police officers to carry out searches due to strict privacy laws. Crime is relatively low. Sjofn Langstone's national animal is the deer, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sjofn Langstone's influence in Hsiao Han fell from "Apprentice" to "Squire".
- : Sjofn Langstone's influence in Hsiao Han fell from "Hermit" to "Apprentice".
- : Sjofn Langstone's influence in Hsiao Han rose from "Zero" to "Hermit".
- : Sjofn Langstone relocated from Purgatory to Hsiao Han.
- : Sjofn Langstone's influence in Purgatory rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Sjofn Langstone's influence in Purgatory rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Sjofn Langstone's influence in Purgatory rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Sjofn Langstone's influence in Purgatory rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Sjofn Langstone relocated from Costa Rica to Purgatory.
- : Sjofn Langstone's influence in Costa Rica rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".