The Democratic States of Skonland is a massive, socially progressive nation, notable for its daily referendums, smutty television, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.324 billion Skonlandians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Seaside. The average income tax rate is 40.1%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong Skonlandian economy, worth 71.9 trillion skoners a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Basket Weaving industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 54,332 skoners, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Convicts released after being found "wrongfully imprisoned" are surprisingly chill about the whole thing, recent protests against birds flying too low have resulted in bloodshed, broken suspension systems are giving auto repair shops plenty of business, and citizens are remarkably well involved in the political process. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Skonland's national animal is the Dolphin, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Skonland's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Skonland's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Skonland's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Skonland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- : Skonland was refounded in Balder.
- : Skonland ceased to exist in Osiris.
- : Skonland's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Skonland's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Skonland's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Skonland was refounded in Osiris.