The Colony of Skopje Skopje is a massive, safe nation, notable for its state-planned economy and stringent health and safety legislation. The cynical population of 2.047 billion Skopje Skopjeans are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The large, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Spirituality, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 49.6%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant Skopje Skopjean economy, worth 20.8 trillion guilders a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, highly specialized black market in Trout Farming, Basket Weaving, Book Publishing, and Uranium Mining. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 10,176 guilders, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Surveillance cameras are banned and the nation's arms dealers guarantee discretion and untraceable transactions. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Skopje Skopje's national animal is the kangaroo, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Skopje Skopje's influence in Spiritus rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Skopje Skopje relocated from Balder to Spiritus.
- : Skopje Skopje's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Skopje Skopje was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Income Equality.
- : Skopje Skopje's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Skopje Skopje was refounded in Balder.
- : Skopje Skopje ceased to exist in Spiritus.
- : Skopje Skopje was struck by a Mk III (Purifier) Cure Missile from The Land of Feirmont, curing 1 million infected.
- : Skopje Skopje was struck by a Mk IV (Pacifier) Cure Missile from The United Imperial Collective of Kialga, curing 1 million infected.
- : Skopje Skopje was struck by a Mk II (Sterilizer) Cure Missile from The Commonwealth of Free Guardians, curing 1 million infected.