|Leader||Lord Maxwell The Supreme Overlord of All|
The Shifting Realms of Skribbopopolis is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Lord Maxwell The Supreme Overlord of All with an iron fist, and notable for its frequent executions, public floggings, and infamous sell-swords. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 1.268 billion Skribbs are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The large, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Skrobblbobble. The average income tax rate is 70.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Skrib economy, worth 169 trillion Skrobbles a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, fairly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Beef-Based Agriculture. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 133,711 Skrobbles, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
An endless multinational bureaucracy connects the Red Bloc, the hardest thing for a mining operation to dig through is government red tape, Skribbs incessantly needle their doctors for relief, and the police turn a blind eye to desecration if it's done in the name of religion or protest. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Skribbopopolis's national animal is the Dracolisk, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Pepsism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Skribbopopolis voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Civil Defence Siren".
- : Following new legislation in Skribbopopolis, the police turn a blind eye to desecration if it's done in the name of religion or protest.
- : Following new legislation in Skribbopopolis, Skribbs incessantly needle their doctors for relief.
- : Following new legislation in Skribbopopolis, the hardest thing for a mining operation to dig through is government red tape.
- : Following new legislation in Skribbopopolis, an endless multinational bureaucracy connects the Red Bloc.
- : Following new legislation in Skribbopopolis, the nation's green cities are indeed concrete jungles.
- : Skribbopopolis's influence in Skribbonivstan fell from "Dominator" to "Superpower".
- : Following new legislation in Skribbopopolis, the Skrib delegation to the World Assembly is having a hard time convincing people that international law will "pay for itself somehow...".
- : Skribbopopolis was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Incomes.
- : Following new legislation in Skribbopopolis, veterans in wheelchairs are left waist-deep in rice paddies to gather grain.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Drackonivstan.