|Leader||The great Dong|
The Church of Slongs is a massive, genial nation, ruled by The great Dong with an even hand, and remarkable for its smutty television, daily referendums, and ubiquitous missile silos. The quiet, industrious population of 1.825 billion Slongsians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kongo. The average income tax rate is 31.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong Slongsian economy, worth 121 trillion marks a year, is fairly diversified and dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Cheese Exports, Basket Weaving, and Gambling. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 66,376 marks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Politicians look weirdly alike, Slongsian politicians are often described as having more style than substance, the Kongo Film Festival recently voted 'Slongsian Getting Hit By Football' as best film, and fur coats have become the latest fashion trend. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Slongs's national animal is the squirrel, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Bellringing.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Slongs, fur coats have become the latest fashion trend.
- : Slongs voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Common Territories".
- : Slongs voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Prevention of Mutually assured destruction".
- : Following new legislation in Slongs, the Kongo Film Festival recently voted 'Slongsian Getting Hit By Football' as best film.
- : Following new legislation in Slongs, Slongsian politicians are often described as having more style than substance.
- : Following new legislation in Slongs, politicians look weirdly alike.
- : Following new legislation in Slongs, citizens are regularly found digging for treasure in their gardens.
- : Following new legislation in Slongs, conversion therapy coupons are a popular present for coming of age ceremonies.
- : Slongs lodged a message on the The East Pacific Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Slongs, students who do not recite the national anthem each morning have to drop and give their teacher 50.
Endorsements Received: 38 » VW53Aland, H-Zhena, Someseni, Aelitia, Fedele, Aristortia, The Happian Union, Brotherland, Axdel, Davelands, Tim Stark, Bachtendekuppen, Wiranath, Janoobi Jazair, Todd McCloud, Ravendi, BearStackof2015, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Am Echad, Pakitsk, Aleister, Funkadelia, Kilkire, Roissyland, The United Neo American Union, Socialist Holy American Empire, Talitoa, Dunflour, Opossum Slayer, Dreamersistan, ThE MaIyA, Necroad, Kangarawa, Just Vale 2, Restoration of Eastern Kaiserreich, Republic of Berzerkistan, Hizuru, and Rhealaliit.