The Colony of Snakeden is a huge, safe nation, remarkable for its museums and concert halls, ban on automobiles, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 366 million Snakedenites are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 84.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Snakedenoid economy, worth 13.6 trillion scales a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Cheese Exports. Average income is 37,232 scales, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
There have been reports of people marrying housepets, cosmopolitan citizens ask what their countries can do for them, Snakedenites submit requests for a date in writing with an enclosed RSVP card, and diplomatic missions typically end with a flurry of childish insults, accusations and phlegm. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Snakeden's national animal is the serpent, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Snakeden, diplomatic missions typically end with a flurry of childish insults, accusations and phlegm.
- : Following new legislation in Snakeden, Snakedenites submit requests for a date in writing with an enclosed RSVP card.
- : Following new legislation in Snakeden, cosmopolitan citizens ask what their countries can do for them.
- : Following new legislation in Snakeden, there have been reports of people marrying housepets.
- : Snakeden voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Forced Blood Sports".
- : Following new legislation in Snakeden, sleep-deprived officials are known to collapse after late night revision for their examinations.
- : Following new legislation in Snakeden, a weakened police force struggles to maintain law and order.
- : Following new legislation in Snakeden, groups of government workers are declared protected tribes if they venture too deep into the Capitol.
- : Following new legislation in Snakeden, tourists outnumber citizens two to one.
- : Following new legislation in Snakeden, real power lies not in the debating room but with those who decide what is debated.
Endorsements Received: 82 » Wysrod, New Fania, Recon Island, Valentian Elysium, KaldDalen, Kuriko, The Soylent Green Party, Randopian, Republic of Karskarovyt, Ao Kuang, Krystalveil, Northern Nivaria, The Pipiles, The Parandeam, The Republic of Osea, Dustwind, Solarampa, Lower Phlebacite, Zyrcrestia, Mastodonia, Anigeto, Nooooooooooooooo, Arctic Coalition, QuazaFire, Creeptopia, Palman, Discotheque, Achiotopia, Yakkandiania, Histerrion, Better Indonesia, Grimmywelsh, Tzo, Republic of Nutella, Ignis Cinere, Seantonia, Haivon, Isentran, Chip Skylark, Zeganas, Colonel Terrosit, Ascended Union, Anollasia, Constantinolia, Lamborghini Murcielago, Northern African Sahara, Testa, Iontan, The Snake Brotherhood, Slaytania, and 32 others.Xemja, Seranis, Itic, Karlando, Evertopia, Ehrgeizig, PYT, Reasonin, Sawhirius, Maalemzya, Gallifrey Force Units, Kebecois, The Biggles Syndicate, Echocrimsonia, United Kingdom of Selesnia, Brandenbourg-Anhalt, Aspistania, Islands of Czechia, Grungerock, AciaciaMont, Anisopterra, Greenmont Federation, Drewish, Vivolkha, Point Comfort Colony, Calrad, Kachikawawa, Anarchals, Waitiki, Novegia, Namakan, and Flying Eagles.