The Colony of Snipe Hunters is a gargantuan, orderly nation, remarkable for its punitive income tax rates, restrictive gun laws, and stringent health and safety legislation. The cynical population of 15.455 billion Snipe Huntersians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized morass — juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Social Policy, and Administration. The average income tax rate is 71.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant Snipe Huntersian economy, worth 36.9 trillion bullets a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 2,388 bullets, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Snipe Hunters's national animal is the snipe.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Snipe Hunters was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Populations.
- : Snipe Hunters was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Unexpected Death Rate.
- : Snipe Hunters was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Pacifist.
- : Snipe Hunters's influence in The Moon rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Snipe Hunters was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Snipe Hunters's influence in The Moon rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Snipe Hunters's influence in The Moon rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Snipe Hunters's influence in The Moon rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".
- : Snipe Hunters altered its national flag.
- : Snipe Hunters relocated from Osiris to The Moon.