The United Socialist States of Soficova is a huge, safe nation, renowned for its compulsory military service, devotion to social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 785 million Soficovans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Healthcare, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Acirema. The average income tax rate is 74.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Soficovan economy, worth 61.2 trillion Rupees a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Trout Farming industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Tourism. Average income is 78,001 Rupees, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Praying before a battle is a court-martial offence, nations that kill a Soficovan can expect a strongly worded letter, the military is slashing spending on conventional arms and diverting it to spending on prosthetic arms, and the minority inevitably have their addenda vetoed. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Soficova's national animal is the Mighty Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Soficova was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations, Highest Average Tax Rates, and Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Soficova was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Soficova voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend The Red Fleet"".
- : Soficova voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Marine Protection Act".
- : Following new legislation in Soficova, the minority inevitably have their addenda vetoed.
- : Following new legislation in Soficova, the military is slashing spending on conventional arms and diverting it to spending on prosthetic arms.
- : Following new legislation in Soficova, nations that kill a Soficovan can expect a strongly worded letter.
- : Following new legislation in Soficova, praying before a battle is a court-martial offence.
- : Following new legislation in Soficova, police struggle to solve crimes due to the lack of fingerprint records.
- : Soficova lost the endorsement of The Federal Republic of Rainbow Vests.
Endorsements Received: 25 » VW53Aland, Todd McCloud, H-Zhena, Zukchiva, Brotherland, Asendavia, Liberstankonia, The Three States of Fortuna, Staynes, The Eternal Land of Jong, Tretrid, Ridann, Mays Austrian Nation, Evrigenis, Greater New Cassandra, Libertanny, A mean old man, East Malaysia, Santa Dystopia, Modra, Dragons Blood, Oofery, Horn of Havenkaap, Ephem, and New Leganes.