The Republic of Soirwren is a massive, safe nation, notable for its rum-swilling pirates, national health service, and parental licensing program. The compassionate population of 4.447 billion Soirwrenians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Soigné. The average income tax rate is 67.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Soirwrenian economy, worth 373 trillion credits a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Basket Weaving, and Furniture Restoration. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 84,052 credits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
Praying before a battle is a court-martial offence, engineers ask liberal arts majors "Do you want fries with that?", any body part that can be cut off a person is no longer considered to be their property, and citizens are remarkably well involved in the political process. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Soirwren's national animal is the deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Soirwren voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Freedom to Seek Medical Care II"".
- : Soirwren was endorsed by The Fanciful Tales of Refuge Isle.
- : Soirwren voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Wartime Journalism Protection Act".
- : Following new legislation in Soirwren, citizens are remarkably well involved in the political process.
- : Soirwren was reclassified from "Father Knows Best State" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Soirwren, any body part that can be cut off a person is no longer considered to be their property.
- : Following new legislation in Soirwren, engineers ask liberal arts majors "Do you want fries with that?".
- : Soirwren voted for the World Assembly Resolution "International Criminal Protocol".
- : Soirwren endorsed The Armed Republic of Survivoristan.
- : Soirwren endorsed The Fanciful Tales of Refuge Isle.
Endorsements Received: 76 » Qui sequuntur somnia, Mastariere, Am Echad, Ridann, H-Zhena, A Slanted Black Stripe, Elejamie, Outer Verron Swicia Islands, Wizardonia, Goodnamesarerare, The Empire of Rijelv, Socialist Holy American Empire, Federated States of Zootron, Dragonia, Wiranath, Kaigi, Lyontisia, Dark Edgyness, Someseni, Republic of Berzerkistan, British Calradia, Axdel, Hizuru, Brotherland, Neruch, Broengtopia, VW53Aland, Stellar Colonies, BearStackof2015, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Pakitsk, Kangarawa, The United Neo American Union, The United Asian Republics, Libertanny, United China Nation, Liberstankonia, Matdor, Eagas, Brethren, Todd McCloud, Marrabuk, Rhealaliit, Dragons Blood, East Malaysia, Evrigenis, Modra, Zukchiva, Asendavia, Tretrid, and 26 others.Ripsylvania, Vaskeden, Rohanland, Lingu, The Three States of Fortuna, Staynes, Raunch, The Eternal Land of Jong, Jakubonia, Rainbow Vests, Technocratic Tagalog, Didusland, Mays Austrian Nation, Greater New Cassandra, TM-Jesselton, Quail Empire, Filipopol, A mean old man, Grey Haven of Tauraucania, Merlovich, BuciLand, Coruh, Santa Dystopia, Rythawelerzi, Survivoristan, and Refuge Isle.