The Dominion of Solek is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Alco Davros with an iron fist, and renowned for its complete lack of prisons, public floggings, and soft-spoken computers. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 1.171 billion Solekians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Healthcare, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Savareen. The average income tax rate is 31.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong Solekian economy, worth 74.1 trillion Zunoes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, broadly diversified black market in Tourism, Information Technology, Basket Weaving, and Arms Manufacturing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 63,296 Zunoes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
Rumours have it that a secret police is responsible for the recent spate of missing persons, phone taps are frequently carried out by the police, Alco Davros has no checks and balances after the upper house was abolished, and the nanny industry has had a boom after maternity leave was recently banned. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Solek's national animal is the Red Panda, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Solek was endorsed by The Most Loyal Catholic Union of Castle Federation.
- : Following new legislation in Solek, the nanny industry has had a boom after maternity leave was recently banned.
- : Following new legislation in Solek, Alco Davros has no checks and balances after the upper house was abolished.
- : Following new legislation in Solek, phone taps are frequently carried out by the police.
- : Following new legislation in Solek, rumours have it that a secret police is responsible for the recent spate of missing persons.
- : Following new legislation in Solek, black tea is only available on the black market.
- : Solek lost the endorsement of The Federal Republic of Rainbow Vests.
- : Solek was endorsed by The Vizier and Sam of New Leganes.
- : Solek was endorsed by The Free Land of United Rocky Top.
- : Solek was endorsed by The Rogue Nation of Horn of Havenkaap.
Endorsements Received: 32 » Marrabuk, VW53Aland, Todd McCloud, H-Zhena, Brotherland, Evrigenis, East Malaysia, Zukchiva, Goodnamesarerare, The Empire of Rijelv, Pakitsk, Galve, Liberstankonia, Tretrid, Axdel, Dragons Blood, Libertanny, Asendavia, Lingu, The Three States of Fortuna, The Eternal Land of Jong, A mean old man, BuciLand, Santa Dystopia, Mays Austrian Nation, Ephem, Modra, Kosmanza, Oofery, Horn of Havenkaap, New Leganes, and Castle Federation.