The United States of Sonictopia is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Sonic with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, frequent executions, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, cheerful population of 4.947 billion Sonictopians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sonictopia City. The average income tax rate is 78.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Sonictopian economy, worth 777 trillion Rings a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Retail, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 157,202 Rings, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
The government is deliberately installing bloatware onto computers, once-vitriolic celebrity chefs are now known for giving encouraging hugs to aspiring cooks, supermodels maintain their skinny form by running away from government officials, and male cubicle workers stand up every time a woman enters the room. Crime is totally unknown. Sonictopia's national animal is the Fox, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sonictopia was endorsed by The JoJo of Arpino.
- : Sonictopia endorsed The Social Democratic Republic of Enlil.
- : Sonictopia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Common Territories".
- : Sonictopia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Prevention of Mutually assured destruction".
- : Sonictopia was endorsed by The Social Democratic Republic of Enlil.
- : Sonictopia endorsed The Queendom of Matdor.
- : Sonictopia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Durkadurkiranistan II".
- : Sonictopia was endorsed by The Queendom of Matdor.
- : Sonictopia was endorsed by The Kingdom of Erfitt Landslag.
- : Sonictopia was endorsed by The Phantasmagorial Land-Shrine of Rhealaliit.
Endorsements Received: 82 » Todd McCloud, A Slanted Black Stripe, ReeK, Roissyland, The Romanum Legio, Brotherland, Survivoristan, Davinhia, Drunken Seal Islands, Pendragonania, Slys Paws, Aelitia, Republic of Berzerkistan, TethehAlla, Euricanis, Dragonia, Artimisiare, Unger under over, Galve, Republic of Monarchists, H-Zhena, Am Echad, Wendelandia, Riveraland, The Holy Empire of Moronica, CopyCato, Socialist Holy American Empire, Fedele, Bachtendekuppen, Qui sequuntur somnia, Ver Norge, Someseni, Ravendi, Squid Ruinosa, Marrico, The Happian Union, United China Nation, Ridann, British Calradia, Tim Stark, Eagas, Eastern Hyront Scasssen, Lobos, Thyaclinia, New Taranaki, Wiranath, Davelands, Axdel, The Sacred Whale, Merlovich, and 32 others.Neruch, Arkantis, Shantan, VW53Aland, Solarfall, Bullpups, The Angel of Charity, Superior Indonesia, Hizuru, The Holy Utopian Republic, Janoobi Jazair, Stellar Colonies, America Mjolnir, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, BearStackof2015, The United Asian Republics, Justice-Becoming, Kangarawa, Pakitsk, VoyKovie, Kingdom of Pars, Aleister, Funkadelia, The New Wisconsin Empire, Kilkire, The United Neo American Union, Opossum Slayer, Rhealaliit, Erfitt Landslag, Matdor, Enlil, and Arpino.