|Leader||Éban Doké Markés|
The Democratic Republic of Soulteria is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Éban Doké Markés with a fair hand, and remarkable for its compulsory military service, irreverence towards religion, and suspicion of poets. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 1.362 billion Soulterians are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The tiny, pro-business government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bogotá. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 8.0%.
The very strong Soulterian economy, worth 80.6 trillion pesos a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Door-to-door Insurance Sales industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Furniture Restoration, and Gambling. Average income is 59,199 pesos, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 183,780 per year while the poor average 14,677, a ratio of 12.5 to 1.
Farmers are complaining that the buzzing and the sparks from the nearby MagRail are blighting their crops, gay hospital patients are labelled with a pink triangle to alert staff of their substandard blood, the studies of art and philosophy are banned, and the government has begun breaking all large businesses into thousands of mom-and-pop general stores. Crime is moderate, probably because of the absence of a police force. Soulteria's national animal is the dog, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Soulteria's influence in Latinoamerica Libre rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Soulteria relocated from Balder to Latinoamerica Libre.
- : Soulteria was refounded in Balder.
- : Soulteria ceased to exist in Latinoamerica Libre.
- : Soulteria was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Mining Sector and Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
- : Soulteria changed its national leader to "Éban Doké Markés".
- : Following new legislation in Soulteria, the government has begun breaking all large businesses into thousands of mom-and-pop general stores.
- : Soulteria lodged a message on the Latinoamerica Libre Regional Message Board.
- : Soulteria published "Nuevo orden territorial" (Factbook: Geography).
- : Soulteria changed its national animal to "dog" and its nation type to "Democratic Republic".