The Republic of South Welford is a large, socially progressive nation, notable for its burgeoning bear population. The hard-working population of 91 million South Welfordians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 15.0%.
The South Welfordian economy, worth 4.43 trillion sterlings a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Gambling industry, with major contributions from Retail, Furniture Restoration, and Trout Farming. Average income is 48,667 sterlings, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.6 times as much as the poorest.
Crime is moderate. South Welford's national animal is the bear.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : South Welford was endorsed by The Federal Republic of En Hassik.
- : South Welford was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Ausvelt.
- : South Welford was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential.
- : South Welford's influence in Europe rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : South Welford was endorsed by The Democratic Socialist Union of The New Nordic Union.
- : South Welford was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Average.
- : South Welford was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Brakanistan.
- : South Welford was endorsed by The Republic of Zulrich.
- : South Welford was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Nuevo Europa.
- : South Welford was endorsed by The Federal Kingdom of Nardin.
Endorsements Received: 45 » Mynox, Regnum Italiae, Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire, Shaor, Galway-Dublin, Meropis, Invernessia, St Scarlett, Saint Domingo, Rivierenland, Elisabethshagen, The Reunited Yugoslavs, Thracia Republic, The New Mexican Confederation, Nova Babilonia, Walfo, Trixeland, Kanokla, Dark Matter, The Champions League, Irminsulia, Yahlia, Republic of Satherland, Northern German Federation, Abject Ludicrosity, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Canovium, Uzbek Khan, Valtrona, The Seven Provinces, Destyntine, North of Americas, GanymedEuropa, Gliesetonia, Stromia, Jim the Baptist, Eski, The States of Texas and Arkansas, Nardin, Nuevo Europa, Zulrich, Brakanistan, The New Nordic Union, Ausvelt, and En Hassik.