The Commonwealth of Southalvia is a huge, cultured nation, notable for its unlimited-speed roads and irreverence towards religion. The hard-working, democratic population of 333 million Southalvians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 22.6%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The Southalvian economy, worth 16.8 trillion Southalvian Dollars a year, is led by the Basket Weaving industry, with major contributions from Trout Farming, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Woodchip Exports. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 50,567 Southalvian Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
One does not simply walk into the tundra, news headlines usually include p-values, fiscal policy hawks decry the sizable "panem et circenses" fund added to the public budget, and it is believed that belligerence is a passing phase foreign leaders will soon outgrow. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Southalvia's national animal is the Southalvian Eagle, which can occasionally be seen dodging aircraft in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Southalvia's influence in The North Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".
- : Southalvia relocated from Balder to The North Pacific.
- : Southalvia was refounded in Balder.
- : Southalvia ceased to exist in The North Pacific.
- : Southalvia was endorsed by The Democratic States of Nodnarb.
- : Southalvia was endorsed by The Federation of The Mazur Empire.
- : Southalvia was endorsed by The Minister of Culture of Madjack.
- : Southalvia was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Kastonvia.
- : Southalvia was endorsed by The Starry Night of Boston Castle.
- : Southalvia was endorsed by The Magic and the Mystery of Merconitonitopia.