The United Kingdom of Speke is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its frequent executions, keen interest in outer space, and punitive income tax rates. The democratic population of 869 million Scousers have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Merseyside. The average income tax rate is 66.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Scouse economy, worth 64.5 trillion Pounds a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Automobile Manufacturing, and Retail. Average income is 74,259 Pounds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Parents who fail mandatory parenting classes risk having their children taken away, barbed wire entanglements and guard towers surround the Merseyside Natural History Museum, colleges adhere to rigid ethnic quotas for admissions, and bike rage is all the rage. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Speke's national animal is the Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Speke was endorsed by The Sultanate of Gorabo.
- : Speke was endorsed by The Republic of Kentalis.
- : Speke voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Altino".
- : Speke was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather.
- : Speke was endorsed by The 3rd Nokor of Prei Meas.
- : Speke was endorsed by The Senate and People of The Byrdlands.
- : Speke lodged a message on the Anteria Regional Message Board.
- : Speke was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Norkantion.
- : Speke was endorsed by The Federal Republic of New Sebronia.
- : Speke was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Pacifist.
Endorsements Received: 37 » Lesser Velutaria, J a d e, Draytopia, Prybourne, Toubaze, Gardeviour, Whitmarche, Anderum, Kiyortza, Hatstheput, Teckia, The New Bulgarian Order, Breylor, Valino, Kinoko, Artadal, Foxomexra, Jernborg, Shedehnoah, Commodium, Misnomers, Tarristan, Gadorien, East Chimore, Land2020, Norscandia, Plattinum, Bro Wyned, Vescarium, Flatstone, Fallooplesburg, Yodivenis, New Sebronia, Norkantion, Prei Meas, Kentalis, and Gorabo.