The Dictatorship of SpiLial is a massive, orderly nation, notable for its compulsory military service, ban on automobiles, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, cynical, devout population of 1.043 billion SpiLialians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The enormous, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Spirituality, Education, and Welfare. The average income tax rate is 66.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The SpiLialian economy, worth 59.3 trillion guilders a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Furniture Restoration and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 56,815 guilders, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Air SpiLial tickets have reached sky-high prices due to a complete monopoly on air travel, personal injury lawyers are demanding compensation from the government after recent reductions in manufacturer liability, political dissidents are cut off from essential services, and going on a diet invalidates your passport. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. SpiLial's national animal is the Gnome, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : SpiLial's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : SpiLial's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : SpiLial's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : SpiLial was refounded in Balder.
- : SpiLial ceased to exist in The North Pacific.
- : SpiLial was endorsed by The Armed Republic of Draconian Progression.
- : SpiLial was endorsed by The Nation formally by the name of 9003.
- : SpiLial was endorsed by The Country of Jerzykowo.
- : SpiLial was endorsed by The Borderlands of Sakusen.
- : SpiLial was endorsed by The Republic of Boston Castle.