The Confederacy of St Brunt is a huge, socially progressive nation, renowned for its rum-swilling pirates and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 407 million St Bruntians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small, liberal, outspoken government prioritizes Spirituality, with Education, Healthcare, and Administration also on the agenda, while Social Policy and International Aid aren't funded at all. The average income tax rate is 15.2%.
The strong St Bruntian economy, worth 25.2 trillion dollars a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Automobile Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Gambling, Tourism, and Information Technology. Average income is 61,968 dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.7 times as much as the poorest.
The government is spending millions on lawyers' fees trying to get Leader off a murder charge, administrative districts are increasingly defined by their taste in housing architecture, nature magazines featuring stick insects on their covers are sometimes mistaken for fashion magazines, and the travel industry is booming as pregnant women book tickets for "weekend trips" overseas. Crime, especially youth-related, is moderate, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. St Brunt's national animal is the Peacock.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : St Brunt was endorsed by The ENDORSE LIBERTANNY of The Atlae Isles.
- : St Brunt was endorsed by The Weed-choked lawn of A mean old man.
- : St Brunt was endorsed by The Democratic States of Tseriesiscoming.
- : St Brunt was endorsed by The Matriarchy of Flying Snow.
- : St Brunt was endorsed by The United Socialist States of Greater New Cassandra.
- : St Brunt lost the endorsement of The Artamevian Republic of Modra.
- : St Brunt was endorsed by The Queen Of the Waltz of Feu de Glace.
- : St Brunt was endorsed by The Endorse to 400 of Oofery.
- : Following new legislation in St Brunt, the travel industry is booming as pregnant women book tickets for "weekend trips" overseas.
- : Following new legislation in St Brunt, nature magazines featuring stick insects on their covers are sometimes mistaken for fashion magazines.
Endorsements Received: 19 » Zukchiva, Brotherland, Liberstankonia, H-Zhena, The Eternal Land of Jong, VW53Aland, Axdel, Todd McCloud, America Mjolnir, Dragons Blood, Libertanny, Asendavia, Lingu, The Three States of Fortuna, Oofery, Greater New Cassandra, Tseriesiscoming, A mean old man, and The Atlae Isles.