The Island of St Fabian is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Lord Portsnout with an even hand, and notable for its ban on automobiles, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 7.242 billion St Fabianians are free to succeed or fail in life on their own merits; the successful tend to enjoy an opulent (but moralistic) lifestyle, while the failures can be seen crowding out most jails.
The minute, pro-business government, or what there is of one, is primarily concerned with Defense, although Law & Order and Industry are also considered important, while Welfare and Environment receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of St Fabian. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 2.8%.
The frighteningly efficient St Fabianian economy, worth 954 trillion Pestoes a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Gambling, Soda Sales, and Uranium Mining. Average income is an impressive 131,757 Pestoes, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 963,790 per year while the poor average 5,562, a ratio of 173 to 1.
A typical fast food menu item could serve a small army, countless government officials are accused of espionage, future forecasters fearfully discuss grey goo and human obsolescence, and fancy dress parties are raided by military police for new recruits. Crime, especially youth-related, is a problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. St Fabian's national animal is the Penguin, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : St Fabian's influence in Nation of Earth rose from "Instigator" to "Dealmaker".
- : St Fabian was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Armed.
- : St Fabian's influence in Nation of Earth rose from "Contender" to "Instigator".
- : St Fabian was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Wealthy Incomes.
- : St Fabian's influence in Nation of Earth rose from "Negotiator" to "Contender".
- : St Fabian's influence in Nation of Earth rose from "Auxiliary" to "Negotiator".
- : St Fabian's influence in Nation of Earth rose from "Ambassador" to "Auxiliary".
- : The Rogue Nation of Nation of Earth Founder appointed St Fabian as Moderator with authority over Appearance, Border Control, Communications, Embassies, and Polls in Nation of Earth.
- : St Fabian's influence in Nation of Earth rose from "Diplomat" to "Ambassador".
- : St Fabian's influence in Nation of Earth rose from "Envoy" to "Diplomat".