The Grand Duchy of StarGaiz is a massive, safe nation, ruled by John Bob with an even hand, and renowned for its compulsory military service, state-planned economy, and digital currency. The hard-nosed population of 2.237 billion StarGaizians are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bob. The average income tax rate is 71.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving StarGaizian economy, worth 189 trillion Stars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is 84,551 Stars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Petitioners are increasingly resorting to climbing through John Bob's window to draw attention to their issues, all footpaths have tollbooths, political satirists and late night comedians weep as the government begins cleaning up its act, and grim instructresses lead the unwillingly impregnated in chants of "it's all my fault" and "blessed be the fruit". Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. StarGaiz's national animal is the Corgi, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is StarGazing.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : StarGaiz was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Tentoria.
- : StarGaiz was endorsed by The Kingdom of Nibelia.
- : StarGaiz was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : StarGaiz was endorsed by The People's Republic of The Capitalist China Party.
- : Following new legislation in StarGaiz, grim instructresses lead the unwillingly impregnated in chants of "it's all my fault" and "blessed be the fruit".
- : StarGaiz was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Moralistic Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in StarGaiz, political satirists and late night comedians weep as the government begins cleaning up its act.
- : Following new legislation in StarGaiz, all footpaths have tollbooths.
- : Following new legislation in StarGaiz, petitioners are increasingly resorting to climbing through John Bob's window to draw attention to their issues.
- : Following new legislation in StarGaiz, members of the government all have oddly similar anecdotes about their childhoods.
Endorsements Received: 63 » Lislandia, Balan Bar, Mudreuque, Liberto-Ancapistan, Her Majesty Silver Garden, Ciapore, Dyrland, Cle Brait, Primis Tenebris, Socialist Platypus, Gatorstan, Kensaland, Wakaru, Oktadonia, Pervincia, Duby, Lucensia, Vivenxistan, Plusquam verisimile est, Flamboyant Fanboys, Nova Briton, El Blurkistan, Stustu, Puffin Islands, Cyzixraqab, Erithian, Werstonal, Untied States of Matter, Kurczak Mielony, Swiss Hommousionopia, Land of Legacy, Zuelong, The Spook Who Sat By The Door, Charville, Aelandi, Commuba, GreatBritannia, Saint Killebrew, The Free City of Nelson, Hubdova, The Psittacines, Skoorb, Hockeyyekcoh, BadBitchVille, Clownclub, Free Azell, Hamptoria, Devonigondwana, The sovereign provinces of Mesha, Eastern Starbowie, and 13 others.Ziroxeut, Nueva Rico, Cramboria, Seolia, Redamia, Covoicotheval, United Cyber Tech, Kliffoj, Great Luirokitanea, Washiwa, The Capitalist China Party, Nibelia, and Tentoria.