The Republic of Stars of Valhalla is a huge, safe nation, renowned for its keen interest in outer space, pith helmet sales, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 532 million Stars of Valhallans are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Industry, and Education. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 15.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Stars of Valhallan economy, worth 46.3 trillion star dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Automobile Manufacturing, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Black market activity is notable. Average income is 87,017 star dollars, with the richest citizens earning 8.3 times as much as the poorest.
Airplane passengers have been known to stuff pillows in their jackets to get extra arm room, the domestic version of the Paddington Bear movie was a far shorter and bloodier tale, the country has been 'going shopping' by annexing nearby nations for their resources, and the tinfoil-hat crowd also recommend tinfoil wallets. Crime is moderate, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Stars of Valhalla's national animal is the armadillo, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Stars of Valhalla was reclassified from "Capitalist Paradise" to "Corporate Bordello".
- : Stars of Valhalla was endorsed by The Ruthenish Prefecture of Kalmara.
- : Following new legislation in Stars of Valhalla, the tinfoil-hat crowd also recommend tinfoil wallets.
- : Stars of Valhalla voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Forced Blood Sports".
- : Stars of Valhalla's influence in European Union rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Stars of Valhalla was endorsed by The Kingdom of Spain In The South.
- : Stars of Valhalla was endorsed by The Republic of Malborya.
- : Stars of Valhalla was endorsed by The Republic of Siredor.
- : Following new legislation in Stars of Valhalla, the country has been 'going shopping' by annexing nearby nations for their resources.
- : Stars of Valhalla was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Avoided.