The Federal Republic of Sturklisan is a huge, safe nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 263 million Sturklisanians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The relatively small government prioritizes Education, with Defense, Welfare, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Industry and Environment aren't funded at all. The average income tax rate is 9.5%.
The Sturklisanian economy, worth 14.4 trillion Barstisan Pars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Automobile Manufacturing, Cheese Exports, and Retail. Average income is 54,656 Barstisan Pars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.5 times as much as the poorest.
Rebuilding efforts for a recently destroyed cathedral aren't expected to be completed for another century, clergy never mention brand names for fear of losing their government subsidies, 1% of global paper production is bound for the National Archive, and the smell of napalm in the morning is usually alongside grilled Stuergon. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Sturklisan's national animal is the Stuergon, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sturklisan's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Sturklisan was refounded in Balder.
- : Sturklisan ceased to exist in The North Pacific.
- : Sturklisan was endorsed by The Kingdom of Ihsan.
- : Sturklisan was endorsed by The Nonsensical Absurdity of Abject Ludicrosity.
- : Sturklisan was endorsed by The Deleted On Sight of Madjack.
- : Sturklisan was endorsed by The Empire of The New Cordian Empire.
- : Sturklisan was endorsed by The Lucky Question Mark﹖ of Makdon.
- : Sturklisan was endorsed by The Kingdom of Damsmel.
- : Sturklisan was endorsed by The Crowned Republic of Highton Islands.