|Leader||King Sovereign Adom|
The United Federation of Subhurbia is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by King Sovereign Adom with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, sprawling nuclear power plants, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 9.261 billion Suhurbians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The enormous, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Atlas. The average income tax rate is 74.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Suhurbian economy, worth 863 trillion credits a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Basket Weaving, Book Publishing, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 93,270 credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
When electric cars arrived nobody heard them coming, the "boy who cried wolf" policy makes sick people reluctant to call an ambulance, the government nonchalantly sells old nukes to other countries, and fat-shaming is now public policy. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Subhurbia's national animal is the Serpent, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Omnism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Subhurbia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Devout.
- : Subhurbia was endorsed by The Rogue Nation of Psychanautica.
- : Subhurbia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Subhurbia was endorsed by The Red State of Skogatopia.
- : Subhurbia was endorsed by The fairy mound.
- : Subhurbia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extensive Public Healthcare.
- : Subhurbia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Subhurbia changed its national leader to "King Sovereign Adom".
- : Subhurbia was struck by a Mk IV (Pacifier) Cure Missile from The United Imperial Collective of Kialga, curing 1 million infected.
- : Subhurbia was struck by a Mk III (Purifier) Cure Missile from The Land of Feirmont, curing 1 million infected.