The United States of Sulivannia is a huge, genial nation, notable for its daily referendums, keen interest in outer space, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 633 million Sulivannians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Yorke. The average income tax rate is 73.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Sulivannian economy, worth 53.1 trillion Sulivannian Dollars a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 83,950 Sulivannian Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
There has been a rapid increase of noise complaints over the sound of buzzing bees, the Sulivannian Arts Council pays teenagers to sit through opera performances, noises louder than a whisper have been prohibited by law, and billions of Sulivannian Dollars are spent to take high-quality photos of the Grey Wolf Nebula. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sulivannia's national animal is the grey wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sulivannia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Sulivannia, billions of Sulivannian Dollars are spent to take high-quality photos of the Grey Wolf Nebula.
- : Following new legislation in Sulivannia, noises louder than a whisper have been prohibited by law.
- : Sulivannia was endorsed by The Parliament of The Martelex Islands.
- : Following new legislation in Sulivannia, the Sulivannian Arts Council pays teenagers to sit through opera performances.
- : Following new legislation in Sulivannia, there has been a rapid increase of noise complaints over the sound of buzzing bees.
- : Following new legislation in Sulivannia, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller.
- : Sulivannia endorsed The Republic of Ninals.
- : Sulivannia endorsed The Republic of New Livderia.
- : Sulivannia endorsed The Parliament of The Martelex Islands.
Endorsements Received: 64 » Grand Abaco, Xurisha, Emaha, Red Foxia, OF Arian Hellas, My Nation, Narvatus, BurgerKing, Ord Fiessulled, Cosniloca, Gufand, Free Pacific Republic, Hetairaea, Amaryllisia, Tenionistland, Tylil, Ornionam, Pathon, Tricastinie, Teshkeshia, Underwater Sovereignties, Damerloodds, Zedyeg, Basalistan, LWAZI, Laidir, Saintrilu, Heinricherstein, Terrarum, Tigerania, Literian, Moka Pamplemousses, Ouji, Doctors Orvos, Montserrat Republic, EileanDonan, Eluthania, Rakkene, Phoenician State, Sparsdan, Decitealis, Roberdian, Rokandia, Alphabeth, Syrisia, Minas Motus, Indigoja, Arktown Island, Lets go to Space, Hotak, and 14 others.Jitstess, Ramokee, BellaJelly, Memorium Land, Skaitan, BBoss, The Republic of Awesometopia, Stmagos, Duranziland, Oimatsu, The Aaronian Reich, Ratakosha, Himmel Ende, and The Martelex Islands.