The Community of Svandammen is a huge, cultured nation, renowned for its museums and concert halls, anti-smoking policies, and ubiquitous missile silos. The compassionate population of 475 million Svandamerna are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Fågelsången. The average income tax rate is 69.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Svandamsk economy, worth 24.7 trillion sparvögas a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Trout Farming, Arms Manufacturing, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 51,971 sparvögas, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Third world countries are rich in "I Love Fågelsången" t-shirts, the SBI Channel Tunnel project is plagued by delays, biotech companies are fined if their jumbled genetic sequences look too familiar, and census workers struggle to account for the rapidly increasing number of citizens to tabulate. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Svandammen's national animal is the argbiggan, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Svandammen, census workers struggle to account for the rapidly increasing number of citizens to tabulate.
- : Following new legislation in Svandammen, biotech companies are fined if their jumbled genetic sequences look too familiar.
- : Following new legislation in Svandammen, the SBI Channel Tunnel project is plagued by delays.
- : Following new legislation in Svandammen, third world countries are rich in "I Love Fågelsången" t-shirts.
- : Following new legislation in Svandammen, Saturday morning cartoons feature full frontal nudity.
- : Following new legislation in Svandammen, uploading purple prose to social media earns a place on a government watchlist.
- : Following new legislation in Svandammen, marijuana is legal in the privacy of your own home.
- : Following new legislation in Svandammen, citizens live in superstitious fear of the mysterious glowing clouds that float over Svandammen.
- : Following new legislation in Svandammen, only 'organics' are permitted to be citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Svandammen, new government leaflets tell coeliac children to eat more crisps.
Endorsements Received: 132 » Aerilia, Lulubellia, Korean-Joseon, Ellbonnia, Shibutani, Eri-Maqa-Ena, Omnistria, New Lakemba, Guer Aike, Hamerica, Animu Place, Steampunk Ariel, Dar es Saalam, Yokciq Empire, Ethnon, Sikol, Francois Isidore, Great Bights Mum, Bharathvarsh, Orado, Yellops, Xyrron, Republica Guilleana, Former English Colony, The Rhein States, Notyoutopia, Bankowiata, Zemnaya Svoboda, New Celoveniortan, Interdimensional Zone, Viridiann, Hardscrabble, Siwale, Territorio di Nessuno, Zzozona, Cretox State, El Fiji Grande, Corfad, Yaorozu, Svenskskit, Empy, Loutsland, Travislavania, Dreadton, Climeria, Koda-Land, Dangine, Illusia and Neverendia, McMasterdonia, Figyjharli, and 82 others.Xagill, Siforpeo, Votak Matim, Aryan Homeland, Wilkshire, Pasargad, Selfgradatude, Lol2639, Super Girl, Ravendi, Mon Island, Clan Spaniel, Frances Francis the First of France, Xentherida, BTProductions, North Bratislava, Valentine Z, Imperial Pieserged, The Tampa Bay Rays, Kranostav, Wineclaw, Kazoo Basin, Sil Dorsett, Tyirza, Defense For The World Assembly, Perikuresu, Pleroma Sans Romans, Strongwill, Centrialand, Libertania Democratica, Kragsgale, Pallaith, Wapistan, Planes, Seanat, Sunto, Britle, Tsandonown, Shadowrik, The Democratic Kingdom Of Skaraborg, Libvillia, Runeda, The Pantheons, Greater Ale Permars, Ariele, Venicea, Sundred, Card Kingdom, Zokk, Tringapore, Merconitonitopia, Boston Castle, Fraystonia, Andanavia, Simone Republic, Folenz, Kastonvia, Madjack, The Mazur Empire, Nodnarb, Sopernia, East Akra, Aeolist, Bearical, Solcius, Nova Arcania, Drueste, Rising Sakura, Fizban, WeKnow, Unshleepd, Muqatil, Jaxikistan, Que Lukustinardon, Outer Shenendoah, Sahriastan, Lionia, Capablanca, Blyskalia, His Enduring Majesty, The Calabash Protectorate, and Tibus Heth.