The Federal Republic of Swabian Lands is a huge, genial nation, renowned for its public floggings, complete lack of prisons, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 871 million Swabian Landsians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Spirituality, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ulm. The average income tax rate is 43.3%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but sluggish Swabian Landsian economy, worth 21.6 trillion Swabian Pennies a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Woodchip Exports, and Automobile Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 24,835 Swabian Pennies, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Teenagers are making eye contact with each other for the first time in years, the government is spending millions on renovating the public transportation system, it can be a real jungle in a modern courtroom, and the government is a proud sponsor of the National Gaming Association. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Swabian Lands's national animal is the Rabbit, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Swabian Lands's influence in European Union rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Swabian Lands's influence in European Union rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Swabian Lands's influence in European Union rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Swabian Lands's influence in European Union rose from "Zero" to "Hatchling".
- : Following new legislation in Swabian Lands, the government is a proud sponsor of the National Gaming Association.
- : Following new legislation in Swabian Lands, it can be a real jungle in a modern courtroom.
- : Swabian Lands voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The Communist Bloc".
- : Swabian Lands voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting the Rights of Labour Unions".
- : Swabian Lands endorsed The Democratic Republic of Occoron.
- : Swabian Lands relocated from The North Pacific to European Union.
Endorsements Received: None.