The United Socialist States of Sweola is a huge, genial nation, remarkable for its museums and concert halls, state-planned economy, and smutty television. The compassionate population of 281 million Sweolans enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Baku. The average income tax rate is 65.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Sweolan economy, worth 9.75 trillion Olas a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Pizza Delivery, and Book Publishing. Average income is 34,714 Olas, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Ambitious "businessmen" use their children to sell and advertise their products, colleges adhere to rigid ethnic quotas for admissions, orphans would rather live their life of luxury than be adopted by prospective parents, and the government's economic policy is "sort it yourself". Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sweola's national animal is the Cheetah, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Sweola, the government's economic policy is "sort it yourself".
- : Sweola was reclassified from "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise" to "Left-Leaning College State".
- : Following new legislation in Sweola, orphans would rather live their life of luxury than be adopted by prospective parents.
- : Following new legislation in Sweola, colleges adhere to rigid ethnic quotas for admissions.
- : Following new legislation in Sweola, ambitious "businessmen" use their children to sell and advertise their products.
- : Following new legislation in Sweola, flash floods that dams could have controlled regularly ravage small towns in mountain valleys.
- : Sweola endorsed The Dictatorship of Gatorstan.
- : Sweola endorsed The Republic of Doctor Land.
- : Sweola endorsed The People's Republic of Stalinium gulags.
- : Sweola endorsed The Kingdom of Nein Marosts.
Endorsements Received: 59 » Duby, Balan Bar, Charville, Socialist Platypus, The Psittacines, Seolia, Aelandi, Pervincia, The sovereign provinces of Mesha, The Free City of Nelson, Hubdova, Cyzixraqab, Primis Tenebris, Devonigondwana, Eastern Starbowie, Jossel, Werstonal, Free Azell, Stustu, Hockeyyekcoh, El Blurkistan, GreatBritannia, BadBitchVille, Kurczak Mielony, Liberto-Ancapistan, Lucensia, Swiss Hommousionopia, Ciapore, Bothenry, Danimpalia, Nova Briton, Ziroxeut, Nueva Rico, Umpalia, Untied States of Matter, Cramboria, Redamia, Great Luirokitanea, Zuelong, Cle Brait, United Cyber Tech, Covoicotheval, Kliffoj, Nibelia, Vivenxistan, Oktadonia, Lislandia, Phandonia, Locotima, United States Of Florida, and 9 others.Aerospace And Freedom, Wakaru, Boettger, Loveable Dogs, Her Majesty Silver Garden, Tarzantos El Camosia, The Capitalist China Party, Washiwa, and Tentoria.