The Democratic Republic of Talentia is a huge, socially progressive nation, renowned for its daily referendums, irreverence towards religion, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 487 million Talentians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rediria City. The average income tax rate is 36.0%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Talentian economy, worth 49.9 trillion digicashes a year, is broadly diversified and dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Retail, and Uranium Mining. Average income is an impressive 102,377 digicashes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.6 times as much as the poorest.
Crowds of flag-burning protesters tend to accidentally become crowds of burning protesters, religious figures have been banned from public holidays to make them more multicultural, economists speak of trusting in the Tao of Free Market Capitalism, and history textbook pages are used as impromptu tissues by distraught students. Crime is totally unknown. Talentia's national animal is the mountain horse, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Talentia, history textbook pages are used as impromptu tissues by distraught students.
- : Following new legislation in Talentia, economists speak of trusting in the Tao of Free Market Capitalism.
- : Following new legislation in Talentia, religious figures have been banned from public holidays to make them more multicultural.
- : Talentia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens and the Top 10% for Largest Welfare Programs, Most Rebellious Youth, and Smartest Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Talentia, crowds of flag-burning protesters tend to accidentally become crowds of burning protesters.
- : Following new legislation in Talentia, hidden bedroom-cams are installed to catch mothers doing their kids' homework.
- : Following new legislation in Talentia, fiscal policy hawks decry the sizable "panem et circenses" fund added to the public budget.
- : Talentia endorsed The Glorious People's Republic of Integria.
- : Talentia was endorsed by The Glorious People's Republic of Integria.
- : Following new legislation in Talentia, re-education centers are being added to most prisons.
Endorsements Received: 62 » Corgitopiaa, Marinho Islands, Aidenfieeld, Concrete Slab, Holota, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Tepertopia, Beepee, PenguinPies, Bawkie, Bleakfoot, Treir, Scu Greinne, Wehraboos, Nowa Europa, Volaworand, Eashenn, Land Without Shrimp, Skaladoria, Westenhald, The SpaceNeo-Goryeo Etymological Society, Belschaft, Rebel-topia, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Qvait, Yellunstryer, Drystar, Aumeltopia, Erinor, Farengeto, Enplatia, Ipugao, Purple Hyacinth, Amerion, Ebonhand, Canmore, Anatasha, LadyRebels, Hong Kong Kowloon and New Territories, Playing Pianos Filled With Flames, Jehenna, Kaoia, JavaSiege, Kaleidescooptopia, Rhetiaa, Auphelia, Beblahbleblo, Eastern Mekong, Agletgreenia, Fighting Kawi Ninja, and 12 others.New Sanet, Solanosco, Danily, Esfalsa, Holy Free, Vicken, The Kies, Paganan, Indolos, Northern Estrian Islands, Osheiga, and Nyxonia.