The Holy Empire of Talkerland is a huge, orderly nation, remarkable for its zero percent divorce rate, unlimited-speed roads, and enforced nudity. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 283 million Talkerlandians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The large, corrupt, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Administration. The average income tax rate is 51.2%.
The Talkerlandian economy, worth 17.1 trillion Dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, fairly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Pizza Delivery, Tourism, and Information Technology. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 60,324 Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.5 times as much as the poorest.
Businesses are scrambling to adapt to the government's mandate that 'time and measurement no longer exist', anti-vaxxers claim that injected children are prone to psychotic breaks when they see the 'Queen of Diamonds' playing card, Asonamo sanctuaries have been taken over by hydraulic fracturing sites, and witnesses have to run a gauntlet of mob enforcers to testify at trials. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Talkerland's national animal is the Asonamo, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Talkerland was endorsed by The ENDORSE LIBERTANNY of The Atlae Isles.
- : Talkerland was endorsed by The Weed-choked lawn of A mean old man.
- : Talkerland was endorsed by The Parrot Excommunigate of Libertanny.
- : Talkerland was endorsed by The Matriarchy of Flying Snow.
- : Following new legislation in Talkerland, witnesses have to run a gauntlet of mob enforcers to testify at trials.
- : Following new legislation in Talkerland, Asonamo sanctuaries have been taken over by hydraulic fracturing sites.
- : Following new legislation in Talkerland, anti-vaxxers claim that injected children are prone to psychotic breaks when they see the 'Queen of Diamonds' playing card.
- : Talkerland voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Iran"".
- : Talkerland voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Language and Education Rights for Deaf Individuals".
- : Talkerland was endorsed by The Artam3vian R3public of Modra.
Endorsements Received: 20 » VW53Aland, Liberstankonia, H-Zhena, Brotherland, Staynes, Peoples Republic of GG, The Three States of Fortuna, The Eternal Land of Jong, Tretrid, Zukchiva, Asendavia, Ridann, Evrigenis, Stellar Colonies, BuciLand, Oofery, Modra, Libertanny, A mean old man, and The Atlae Isles.