The Empire of Tannakristan is a huge, orderly nation, notable for its pith helmet sales, ubiquitous missile silos, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 413 million Tannakrans are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The large, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Industry, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nova Imperia. The average income tax rate is 68.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Tannakristanian economy, worth 42.3 trillion Gold Florins a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, broadly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, Retail, and Automobile Manufacturing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 102,312 Gold Florins, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
It turns out that you actually can put a price on intangible cultural heritage, new urban roads are threatening city parks, school lockers are filled with fancy underwear, and children who can't memorize their multiplication tables are sent to the mines. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Tannakristan's national animal is the Dolphin, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to heavy metals seepage into national waterways.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Tannakristan, children who can't memorize their multiplication tables are sent to the mines.
- : Following new legislation in Tannakristan, school lockers are filled with fancy underwear.
- : Following new legislation in Tannakristan, new urban roads are threatening city parks.
- : Following new legislation in Tannakristan, it turns out that you actually can put a price on intangible cultural heritage.
- : Following new legislation in Tannakristan, parties on cruise ships go off with a real bang.
- : Following new legislation in Tannakristan, ships no longer sail as no one wants to encounter Tannakristanian pirates.
- : Tannakristan was endorsed by The Democratic States of Bortheria.
- : Tannakristan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
- : Tannakristan was endorsed by The Kingdom of Drewish.
- : Tannakristan lodged a message on the 10000 Islands Regional Message Board.
Endorsements Received: 15 » Kuriko, Anisopterra, Recon Island, Valentian Elysium, Wysrod, Hellenic Exusia, Krystalveil, New Fania, Ehrgeizig, Dustwind, The Republic of Osea, Evertopia, Ignis Cinere, Drewish, and Bortheria.