|Capital||The Beech Beach House|
|Leader||TAO the Once Omniscient|
The Amazing Gold Footed Journey of TAO the Wanderer is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by TAO the Once Omniscient with an iron fist, and renowned for its frequent executions, national health service, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, devout population of 35.543 billion TAOsian Wanderers are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The relatively small, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The Beech Beach House. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 22.9%.
The TAO the Wandererian economy, worth a remarkable 2,996 trillion 09Jun04grumfas a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Pizza Delivery industry, with major contributions from Soda Sales, Woodchip Exports, and Uranium Mining. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 84,319 09Jun04grumfas, with the richest citizens earning 8.4 times as much as the poorest.
Parties that are too noisy are broken up to prevent disturbing wildlife, citizens often ask "what has information technology ever done for us?", burning members of the Order of Violet is the nation's favorite pastime, and there are six more weeks of winter if a northerner sees his shadow. Crime is well under control, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. TAO the Wanderer's national animal is the Ring-Tailed Tooter, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Anti-marsupialism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : TAO the Wanderer lodged a message on the Cinderia Regional Message Board.
- : TAO the Wanderer relocated from Coalition of Sovereign Nations to Cinderia.
- : TAO the Wanderer's influence in Coalition of Sovereign Nations rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : TAO the Wanderer's influence in Coalition of Sovereign Nations rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : TAO the Wanderer's influence in Coalition of Sovereign Nations rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".
- : TAO the Wanderer lodged a message on the Coalition of Sovereign Nations Regional Message Board.
- : TAO the Wanderer relocated from Conch Kingdom to Coalition of Sovereign Nations.
- : TAO the Wanderer's influence in Conch Kingdom rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : TAO the Wanderer was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Devout.
- : Following new legislation in TAO the Wanderer, there are six more weeks of winter if a northerner sees his shadow.