The Federation of Taurora is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Conrad Reiner with a fair hand, and notable for its state-planned economy, smutty television, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic population of 6.35 billion Taurorans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Regensdorf. The average income tax rate is 87.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Tauroran economy, worth 685 trillion Credits a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Trout Farming. Average income is an impressive 107,946 Credits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Rioting during the nation's hosting of ORDER caused one million Credits of property damage, 100-year-old politicians are now a thing of the past, cogitators and mass debaters are skiving off work to hang around the National Symposium Park, and government spokespeople are working overtime trying to convince concerned citizens that Conrad Reiner is not a crook. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Taurora's national animal is the Pegasus, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Taurora endorsed The Cartographer Guy of Staynes.
- : Taurora voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Prevention of Mutually assured destruction".
- : Taurora voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Common Territories".
- : Taurora voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Pierconium".
- : Taurora endorsed The Protectorate of Opossum Slayer.
- : Taurora was endorsed by The Protectorate of Opossum Slayer.
- : Taurora was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Taurora was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cultured.
- : Taurora endorsed The Armed Republic of The United Neo American Union.
- : Taurora was endorsed by The Armed Republic of The United Neo American Union.
Endorsements Received: 70 » Todd McCloud, Roissyland, A Slanted Black Stripe, Aelitia, Kangarawa, Bachtendekuppen, Survivoristan, Ribanzi, Arkantis, ReeK, Wendelandia, Agonya, H-Zhena, Am Echad, Riveraland, Republic of Monarchists, Fedele, Hobbesistan, Izonno, The Sacred Whale, Socialist Holy American Empire, Ver Norge, Someseni, Kampf Empire, Ravendi, Dreshand, Dark Edgyness, Bulli, Illivermorny, Republic of Berzerkistan, Marrico, Squid Ruinosa, The Happian Union, Ridann, Socio Empath, Tim Stark, Eagas, Hizuru, Lobos, Eastern Hyront Scasssen, Thyaclinia, Axdel, Davelands, The Holy Empire of Moronica, Wiranath, Brotherland, Gorbastan, The Angel of Charity, Neruch, Roliganistan, and 20 others.Arpino, Gratefuland, Superior Indonesia, Rhealaliit, Janoobi Jazair, VW53Aland, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Stellar Colonies, BearStackof2015, The New Wisconsin Empire, Justice-Becoming, Stoyania, Merlovich, Aleister, United China Nation, Funkadelia, Quark Unit, Kilkire, The United Neo American Union, and Opossum Slayer.