The Kingdom of Taya Dust is a huge, genial nation, remarkable for its keen interest in outer space, state-planned economy, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 574 million Taya Dustians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Welfare. The average income tax rate is 70.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Taya Dustian economy, worth 25.0 trillion Tayas a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Cheese Exports, and Furniture Restoration. Average income is 43,544 Tayas, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Brancaland has gifted over nine thousand putrid moose carcasses to Taya Dust as a reminder of their "special relationship", homophobia is off the menu, octogenarian swimsuit models insist that they've still got it, and people who tease dwarfs are being cut down to size. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Taya Dust's national animal is the Flying Squirrel, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Taya Dust, people who tease dwarfs are being cut down to size.
- : Following new legislation in Taya Dust, octogenarian swimsuit models insist that they've still got it.
- : Following new legislation in Taya Dust, homophobia is off the menu.
- : Taya Dust was endorsed by The Holy Roman Father of The Romanum Legio.
- : Following new legislation in Taya Dust, Brancaland has gifted over nine thousand putrid moose carcasses to Taya Dust as a reminder of their "special relationship".
- : Following new legislation in Taya Dust, strict term limits have been applied to all elected offices.
- : Taya Dust withdrew its endorsement from The TEP Citizen of A Slanted Black Stripe.
- : Taya Dust lost the endorsement of The TEP Citizen of A Slanted Black Stripe.
- : Taya Dust was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : Following new legislation in Taya Dust, it is illegal to distribute Girl Guide Cookies without an advanced food hygiene diploma.
Endorsements Received: 95 » Fedele, VW53Aland, Roissyland, Bachtendekuppen, H-Zhena, Tim Stark, The Angel of Charity, Pakitsk, Ridann, Todd McCloud, Kangarawa, Blazing Samaritan, Slavyanya, Kaigi, Socialist Holy American Empire, Hizuru, Republic of Berzerkistan, East Malaysia, Bai Lung, CopyCato, Brotherland, The Holy Empire of Moronica, Davinhia, Free Peoples Republic of Sandir, Goodnamesarerare, Rhealaliit, The Holy Utopian Republic, Wiranath, Pura Mente, Janoobi Jazair, Bortalandet, Arkantis, Aklevin, Chria Deau, Arberinopolis, Calcestruzzo, Choushuu, Abadong, Chols Worithopia, Blobbo, Galve, Cameronia Excellentia, Adolanta, Betremia, Cassidya, Aeljae, Barfleur, Adavan, Avalon Ascendancy, Broengtopia, and 45 others.Aelitia, Akorial, Ravendi, Mariarty, Adriatican, Agonya, Am Echad, The United Asian Republics, Bulli, Ciggie Smallistan, CheeseBurrito, Brethren, Archooli, Artimisiare, Pulmonaria, Babcocia, United Artificial Intelligence Armada, Arpino, Bakaworld, BearStackof2015, Enlil, Davelands, Airrajul, Axdel, Roliganistan, AngusEssa, Bullpups, Bytes, Bacon Land, Stellar Colonies, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Justice-Becoming, VoyKovie, Kilkire, Aleister, Funkadelia, Abtracnt, America Mjolnir, The United Neo American Union, Sreneck, Opossum Slayer, Talitoa, Elejamie, Dearovia, and The Romanum Legio.