The Rogue Nation of Tazzie is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by El Hombre with a fair hand, and notable for its compulsory military service, state-planned economy, and soft-spoken computers. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 2.548 billion Tazzwegians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ho-Ho-Hobart. The average income tax rate is 68.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Tazzwegian economy, worth 249 trillion shiny objects a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Furniture Restoration. Average income is 97,951 shiny objects, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Bemused citizens are encouraged to sing foreign-language hymns of religions they have never heard of, foreign policy is to avoid standing up to bullies, the government frequently panders to parents with boutique tax credits, and the latest superhero movie features a caped Turbo Chook with adamantium claws. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Tazzie's national animal is the Turbo Chook, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Tazzie was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens and the Top 10% for Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Tazzie voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Citizenship And Birth Act".
- : Tazzie endorsed The United States of The North American Assembly.
- : Following new legislation in Tazzie, the latest superhero movie features a caped Turbo Chook with adamantium claws.
- : Following new legislation in Tazzie, the government frequently panders to parents with boutique tax credits.
- : Following new legislation in Tazzie, foreign policy is to avoid standing up to bullies.
- : Following new legislation in Tazzie, bemused citizens are encouraged to sing foreign-language hymns of religions they have never heard of.
- : Following new legislation in Tazzie, companies struggle to cover for the hordes of employees on parental leave.
- : Tazzie was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- : Tazzie was endorsed by The United States of The North American Assembly.
Endorsements Received: 41 » Bhang Bhang Duc, Fuentana, Mediobogdum, Kisovec, DiscGolfLand, Hamburg Neo, Shaktirajya, Great Liberal Land of True Serbia, Mackieron, Giovanniland, Mirchusko, Crazy Waters, Greynne, Wickedly evil people, Liberillia, The Free States of Gotham, Rowdy, Wyndward, Dilber, Sindria, Westwind, Robbinston, Mathematania, Maria, Abadazad, Probablynotverygoodistan, Oronia, Sensorland, Atheist States of Philippines, Champaign, The United Republic of Westend, Al-Amanah, Cro Magnon, El Facil, Gracelantia, Granducato Toscana, Fumafuma, The Undivided, Greg Tucker, Rajtech, and The North American Assembly.