The Imperium of Tel Mithru is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Savior Rex with an even hand, and notable for its irreverence towards religion, punitive income tax rates, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 3.972 billion Mithru have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government is primarily concerned with Defense, with Education, Industry, and Administration also on the agenda, while Spirituality and International Aid are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tel Xin. The average income tax rate is 75.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Mithru economy, worth 929 trillion Yen a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Book Publishing. Black market activity is rampant. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 233,978 Yen, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.4 times as much as the poorest.
Noises louder than a whisper have been prohibited by law, when conspiracy theorists talk about "government moles" they're referring to mysteriously mobile skin lesions, a valid legal defense is 'dead men tell no tales', and Little League matches are often attended by riot police with water cannon... just in case. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Tel Mithru's national animal is the Tiger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Tel Mithru was endorsed by The Eight United States of Zukchiva.
- : Tel Mithru endorsed The Adorable Nation of Davelands.
- : Tel Mithru endorsed The Democratic Republic of Yemeni Locusts.
- : Tel Mithru endorsed The Seeker of Managers of East Malaysia.
- : Tel Mithru endorsed The Kingdom of Firenation91.
- : Following new legislation in Tel Mithru, Little League matches are often attended by riot police with water cannon... just in case.
- : Following new legislation in Tel Mithru, a valid legal defense is 'dead men tell no tales'.
- : Following new legislation in Tel Mithru, when conspiracy theorists talk about "government moles" they're referring to mysteriously mobile skin lesions.
- : Following new legislation in Tel Mithru, noises louder than a whisper have been prohibited by law.
- : Following new legislation in Tel Mithru, Savior Rex's peyote-induced "let's all just be friends" speech is trending world-wide.
Endorsements Received: 62 » A Slanted Black Stripe, H-Zhena, Todd McCloud, VW53Aland, Dark Edgyness, Ravendi, Socialist Holy American Empire, Aelitia, The Happian Union, Marrico, Fedele, Davelands, Pakitsk, Arpino, Tuvaltastan, Roissyland, Brotherland, Wiranath, Axdel, The Sacred Whale, Hizuru, Neruch, Shantan, Arkantis, Solarfall, The Romanum Legio, Bachtendekuppen, The Holy Empire of Moronica, Bullpups, The Angel of Charity, Janoobi Jazair, Broengtopia, Just Vale 2, Am Echad, BearStackof2015, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Funkadelia, Kilkire, Eagas, The United Neo American Union, Rhealaliit, Kangarawa, Libertanny, Sreneck, United China Nation, Escade, Marrabuk, Liberstankonia, Lerasi, Stanisiti, and 12 others.Sans Sense, Republic of Berzerkistan, Mossy-Oak, Commodore Badger, La xinga, Avakael, Aleister, States of Carolina, Yemeni Locusts, East Malaysia, Firenation91, and Zukchiva.