The Republic of Terian is a massive, safe nation, renowned for its zero percent divorce rate, state-planned economy, and enslaved workforce. The hard-nosed, devout population of 1.06 billion Terien are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Welfare, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Meadowville. The average income tax rate is 23.9%.
The A Terian economy, worth 55.8 trillion Arches a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is led by the Trout Farming industry, with major contributions from Basket Weaving, Soda Sales, and Book Publishing. Average income is 52,599 Arches, with the richest citizens earning 5.0 times as much as the poorest.
The delay between passed legislation and real world implementation is often a decade or longer, the prevalence of circular logic frequently renders parliamentary observers dizzy, an inkwell of goats' blood is supplied on school desks across the nation, and the nation's politicians are acknowledged as the most polite in the region to the dismay of comedians everywhere. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Terian's national animal is the Tiger.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Terian's influence in The Cemetery rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Terian's influence in The Cemetery rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Terian's influence in The Cemetery rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Terian's influence in The Cemetery rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".
- : Terian lodged a message on the The Cemetery Regional Message Board.
- : Terian relocated from Communist Balestria to The Cemetery.
- : Terian's influence in Communist Balestria rose from "Auxiliary" to "Negotiator".
- : Terian's influence in Communist Balestria rose from "Diplomat" to "Auxiliary".
- : Terian's influence in Communist Balestria rose from "Envoy" to "Diplomat".
- : Terian's influence in Communist Balestria rose from "Truckler" to "Envoy".