The Kingric of Terra Britania is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by James Osbourne with an iron fist, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies, sprawling nuclear power plants, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 9.511 billion Englanders are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The relatively small, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of London. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 20.3%.
The frighteningly efficient English economy, worth a remarkable 1,309 trillion Sterling Pounds a year, is broadly diversified and dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Retail, and Woodchip Exports. Black market activity is extensive. Average income is an impressive 137,728 Sterling Pounds, with the richest citizens earning 5.6 times as much as the poorest.
More money is spent on policing the welfare system for abuse than on the welfare system itself, wealthy pranksters dump refuse on unsuspecting citizens from up high, the police have been known to wiretap confessional boxes, and any body part that can be cut off a person is no longer considered to be their property. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Terra Britania's national animal is the Lion, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Christendom.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Terra Britania voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Access to Abortion".
- : Terra Britania voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Forced Blood Sports".
- : Terra Britania voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Military Identification Tag Act"".
- : Terra Britania voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Fair Arbitration Act".
- : Terra Britania voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Australian rePublic".
- : Terra Britania agreed to construct embassies between Codex Ylvus and Nations of Harmony.
- : Terra Britania voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Standards On Police Accountability".
- : Terra Britania voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend The Salaxalans".
- : Terra Britania lodged a message on the Codex Ylvus Regional Message Board.
- : Terra Britania voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Supporting and Valuing the Humanities".