The Democratic Republic of Terrammia is a huge, efficient nation, notable for its daily referendums, punitive income tax rates, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 344 million Terrammians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Administration. The average income tax rate is 58.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Terrammian economy, worth 21.3 trillion Terras a year, is led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Trout Farming, Cheese Exports, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 61,815 Terras, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
Soldiers have swapped their uniforms for prisonwear, the government is spending billions of taxpayer Terras to support "struggling" industries, reporters who negatively comment on politicians' haircuts are cut from the news, and wildlife near farms is slowly becoming extinct. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Terrammia's national animal is the Guinea Pig, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Terrammia, wildlife near farms is slowly becoming extinct.
- : Following new legislation in Terrammia, reporters who negatively comment on politicians' haircuts are cut from the news.
- : Following new legislation in Terrammia, the government is spending billions of taxpayer Terras to support "struggling" industries.
- : Following new legislation in Terrammia, soldiers have swapped their uniforms for prisonwear.
- : Following new legislation in Terrammia, Terrammia has designated Terrammia City as its capital city.
- : Terrammia was endorsed by The ENDORSE LIBERTANNY of The Atlae Isles.
- : Terrammia was endorsed by The Federal Republic of BuciLand.
- : Terrammia was endorsed by The Weed-choked lawn of A mean old man.
- : Terrammia's influence in The East Pacific rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Terrammia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Law Enforcement and Largest Cheese Export Sector.
Endorsements Received: 22 » VW53Aland, Lingu, Todd McCloud, H-Zhena, Zukchiva, Brotherland, Asendavia, Liberstankonia, The Three States of Fortuna, Staynes, Peoples Republic of GG, The Eternal Land of Jong, Tretrid, Ridann, Philville2, Evrigenis, Oofery, Modra, Libertanny, A mean old man, BuciLand, and The Atlae Isles.