The Republic of Tesseratum is a huge, genial nation, remarkable for its museums and concert halls, irreverence towards religion, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate population of 961 million Tesseratans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Administration. The average income tax rate is 17.4%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Tesseratan economy, worth 40.9 trillion Dollars a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 42,517 Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
The government is promoting multicultural values with the new 'Just Be Nice, OK?' initiative, trust-fund babies line up for places in community college, at least 1% of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs budget goes to Leader's wardrobe, and public projects are synonymous with yawn-inducing conformity. Crime is totally unknown. Tesseratum's national animal is the kangaroo, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Tesseratum was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Healthiest Citizens.
- : Tesseratum was endorsed by The Empire of Rohanland.
- : Tesseratum was endorsed by The United Socialist States of Coruh.
- : Tesseratum was endorsed by The Free Land of Santa Dystopia.
- : Tesseratum was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Nevertopia.
- : Tesseratum was endorsed by The Bitdefender of The Atlae Isles.
- : Tesseratum's influence in The East Pacific rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Tesseratum was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Valuable International Artwork.
- : Following new legislation in Tesseratum, public projects are synonymous with yawn-inducing conformity.
- : Following new legislation in Tesseratum, at least 1% of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs budget goes to Leader's wardrobe.
Endorsements Received: 38 » Marrabuk, VernKhalla, Liberstankonia, H-Zhena, Rainbow Vests, Ridann, BearStackof2015, Am Echad, Brotherland, Someseni, VW53Aland, Evrigenis, Zukchiva, Pakitsk, Modra, Todd McCloud, East Malaysia, Asendavia, Stellar Colonies, Tretrid, Axdel, Dragons Blood, Libertanny, The Three States of Fortuna, The Eternal Land of Jong, Lingu, Staynes, Oofery, Technocratic Tagalog, Republic of Berzerkistan, Raunch, Tseriesiscoming, A mean old man, BuciLand, Nevertopia, Santa Dystopia, Coruh, and Rohanland.