The Republic of The Addax is a huge, safe nation, renowned for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, smutty television, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 804 million Addaxians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 50.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Addaxian economy, worth 36.7 trillion gils a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Basket Weaving, and Automobile Manufacturing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 45,672 gils, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
It takes months to get the proper permits for a child's first tricycle, 'Police Academy 36' and 'Sharknados On A Plane' are vying for top spot at the box-office, kindergarten teachers with ankle-bracelets are closely supervised by their parole officers, and graffiti graces every city's streets. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Addax's national animal is the Addax, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Addax was endorsed by The Disconcerting Deputy of Flying Snow.
- : The Addax was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Drug Use and the Top 10% for Most Rebellious Youth.
- : Following new legislation in The Addax, graffiti graces every city's streets.
- : Following new legislation in The Addax, kindergarten teachers with ankle-bracelets are closely supervised by their parole officers.
- : The Addax voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Altino".
- : The Addax voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Supporting and Valuing the Humanities"".
- : The Addax was endorsed by The Vizier and Sam of New Leganes.
- : The Addax was endorsed by The Federation of Ephem.
- : The Addax was endorsed by The Rogue Nation of Horn of Havenkaap.
- : The Addax was endorsed by The Free Land of United Rocky Top.
Endorsements Received: 21 » The Three States of Fortuna, VW53Aland, Brotherland, Liberstankonia, H-Zhena, Staynes, Asendavia, Zukchiva, The Eternal Land of Jong, Mays Austrian Nation, Greater New Cassandra, Libertanny, A mean old man, Evrigenis, Modra, Dragons Blood, Oofery, Horn of Havenkaap, Ephem, New Leganes, and Flying Snow.