The Grand Republic of The Bay is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its museums and concert halls, irreverence towards religion, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic population of 587 million Bayians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government prioritizes Education, although Environment, Welfare, and Administration are also considered important, while Defense and Spirituality aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Aigéarinn. The average income tax rate is 81.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Bayian economy, worth 49.0 trillion Bules a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Trout Farming industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Book Publishing. Average income is 83,549 Bules, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Editorials that criticize the government are legally obligated to display the "pants on fire" warning, students are known to arrive at school in their pyjamas, Aigéarinn spends billions upgrading public transport, and halberds are common 18th birthday presents. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Bay's national animal is the Bottlenose Dolphin, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Bay was endorsed by The Giga Reich of Ariankido.
- : The Bay was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments and the Top 10% for Nudest.
- : Following new legislation in The Bay, halberds are common 18th birthday presents.
- : Following new legislation in The Bay, Aigéarinn spends billions upgrading public transport.
- : Following new legislation in The Bay, students are known to arrive at school in their pyjamas.
- : The Bay endorsed The United Commonwealth of Negoshi.
- : The Bay was endorsed by The United Commonwealth of Negoshi.
- : Following new legislation in The Bay, editorials that criticize the government are legally obligated to display the "pants on fire" warning.
- : The Bay was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "Democratic Socialists".
- : Following new legislation in The Bay, international tensions are high as The Bay threatens any government with the audacity to arrest its citizens.
Endorsements Received: 70 » Saciu, Quiescent, Volaworand, Luddinlande, USNE2018, Xandev, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Awjan, The Solar System Scope, Si-topia, Aidenfieeld, Land Without Shrimp, Jahass, Federated Kingdoms of Brittania, Wehraboos, Jaxon, Darakin, The Filippinas, Barabarom, Free Republic of Sonora, Choodox, Aumeltopia, Anachronolandia, Drystar, Academy of Umbrellas, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Republic Clovakh, Whimichy, Viertes deutsches Koalitionsreich, Hanguk-Nippon, Wyatonians, Jehenna, Ostanasia, Tsvetania, Akindom, Farengeto, Stoniamera, Tsunamy, Erinor, Pays de Loire, Qvait, FiHami, Churumduul, New Juan Carlos Land, Curlyhoward, North Erfton, Unidum, Chocholand, Abarri, The West Valley Mountains, and 20 others.Agalaesia, Mew Nation, Upper Tyrconnel, Rabbitz, The United Chinese Republic, Roavin, Commonwealth Of Astoria, Amerion, Wild Space, Kringalia, Great Africans, Novagentum, Qawe, Beepee, Rebel-topia, Dasko, United Federated States of Omega, Blaash, Negoshi, and Ariankido.