|Leader||Maripgan Go-Han Seokhwan|
The Protectorate of The Beatus is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by Maripgan Go-Han Seokhwan with an iron fist, and remarkable for its deadly medical pandemics, smutty television, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 23.895 billion Parhasques are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
The tiny, corrupt, pro-business, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, with Law & Order, Spirituality, and Industry also on the agenda, while Welfare and Social Policy are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Paaoma. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Beatusian economy, worth a remarkable 7,782 trillion Parhean Tongboes a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Automobile Manufacturing, and Soda Sales. Average income is an amazing 325,697 Parhean Tongboes, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 3,037,351 per year while the poor average 3,098, a ratio of 980 to 1.
Tesco was recently named as the new national treasurer, a recent law has banned homes from having any more than one wheel, the workforce is almost entirely made up of slave labour, and The Beatus's leader goes out to lunch surrounded by large men in dark glasses. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. The Beatus's national animal is the Parhean Rhinoceros, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Shinkyo.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Beatus's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : The Beatus's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : The Beatus's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : The Beatus was refounded in Osiris.
- : The Beatus ceased to exist in Yuno.
- : The Beatus was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : The Beatus was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Black Market.
- : The Beatus was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Pro-Market and Most Armed.
- : The Beatus was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Governments.
- : The Beatus was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Workforce Participation Rate and the Top 5% for Lowest Crime Rates.